Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 month ago

Why do some places when you go to try samples of their food why do they have to have to have a sign that says "No Double Dipping," on it?

Why do some places when you go traveling they have samples of certain foods such as potato chips, or pretzels, etc, why do some places have to do that when you go to try samples of their foods, they have to put a sign that says "No Double Dipping," Is that because of a food safety concern and they want to avoid a lawsuit?

This has happened to me before the whole coronavirus scare started!  I have seen signs that say "No Double Dipping," for the  foods such as potato chips, or pretzels, or whatever foods they're selling, and they want you to try their samples of their foods. 

I have seen signs like that at certain places when I used to go traveling to certain places, they would have a sign like that.  

Favorite Answer

I can't believe they needed signs to tell you not to do that!  Do you want to eat other people's spit?  I sure as hell don't.  Double dipping is putting the bitten off end of whatever you dipped back in the dip.  It's been inside your mouth which is full of bacteria.