How reliable are Isuzu pickups?

I'm a broke college kid and need a car or truck soon. I found a 1991 Isuzu pickup that looks like it's in good condition for relatively cheap. The issue is, I'm not familiar with Isuzu. Are they reliable? Are they easy upkeep? Are there any notable downsides to them? Thank you.

Not the average North American domestic so you got to go to an Isuzu shop.  All cars break down sooner or later.  View the classified section of YOUR TOWN'S local newspaper and see if there is a lot of them for sale as used cars.  If there are then that means either there is a lot or many don't like them. Especially watch for GIVE AWAY FOR FREE or WILL PAY YOU TO TAKE IT AWAY is an indication this car is a P.i.t.a.  I see some on the road, not that many.  You are looking at the BRAT.  Not worth all that much. Worth as much as the 1994 Hyundai Colt.(as soon as it broke) you walked away from the car.  IT JUST WAS NOT WORTH FIXING.

The truck is 30 years old.  It will need a lot of work to be reliable.  It probably does not even start.

No Isuzu is reliable. Run do not walk away from this vehicle. 

• Never

Any 91 model anything may not be reliable.

Ask a mechanic.

I kept a 94 buick for far too long and it needed something about once a year. I considered it reliable. Would a needed repair once or twice a year mean reliable to you?

Im guessing you have a limited amount to spend which means you can't expect the reliability of a 3-4 year old car.

• Scott

A 1991 model is likely to be totally worn out as it’s almost 30 years old.

They were pretty good trucks.  No notable downsides I know of.  At some point they were the same as a Chevy s-10. I think that was later than 1991 though. If you're  lucky it will be diesel. Slow as can be, but about 40 mpg.