Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

Would you support a change to Y/A that allowed you to block questions from anonymous users from appearing in your feed?

There is nothing wrong with the anonymous feature - see how those using their own names are bullied all the time, which they might not mind (some thrive on it)  but it is plain boring for everyone else.

I would support it.The problem is 90% of the site would be excluded. I am one of the few who always use my name.

In an ideal world, yes. However, that would be a coding nightmare and it is hard for the staff to keep the site running now.

HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!  

There is no point in me even attempting to answer  anon questions in Politics,  because every last one of them is some point gaming  republican troll,  awarding themselves BA's with their sock puppets, and I am blocked by every last one of them. 

• LAN

I would rather the anonymous feature be completely removed.  All it is is a way for cowards to hide from accountability.

• Daniel

Nah I dont think its a Good Idea Yahoo already has a lot of Trouble with there Programming I think Programming it that way could Mess the site up even more then it is now 

No as a lot of people ask questions anonymously for good reasons.

Maybe- I never block anyone.

• Speed

I'd rather the list of questions included a symbol indicating the asker was anonymous. I can opt to skip them in come categories but open them in others.

I have no interest in arguing politics with someone who won't put his user name where his mouth is, but respect the right to anonymity for someone worried about an unplanned pregnancy or their own alcoholism or drug use.

• Scott

More options are better, but I fear any changes would cause mega glitches.