Fubar
Fubar asked in Science & MathematicsPhysics · 2 months ago

Is it okay to want to be an like to be recognized for our work?

Favorite Answer

It just satisfies the "ego" of several among us (NCS , for intance, so fond of it that he has even locked my comments on his job) : personally I don't beg to be prized , since my aim is just to be useful to someone 

Of course it's OK. I find that people who are indifferent to being recognized for their work often do not do their jobs as well as they are capable of.

Yes it is OK to do that.                     .

Everyone likes to be recognized for what they are.  No one wants to be like an ant. Simply an expendable faceless worker where no one cares if they live or die.  HOWEVER self actualization is achieved when you are happy simply for DOING the best you can whether recognized or not.

• NCS

Absolutely. Do good work and take pride in it. Hopefully you will be recognized for it.

• Kieth

Do you actually talk like this, or were you doing something else why you were typing?