I’m the registered owner of a car I finance that I let my daughter use how can I get it back?

I allowed her to use the car while going to school she moved out and took the car with her and I wish to recover the car what’s my best plan of legal action

• Mr.357

If you are the sole owner, take your spare set of keys and go get your car.

it your car so you own it and do what you want with it,if you want it back then I would ask her for it back if she says no then take it, you should have a spare key.

Find it, and drive it home. Presumably you kept a key--if not, you'll have to get it from your daughter. It's YOUR CAR. you don't need legal action--just the key and some gas. She has no legal right to the vehicle and can't sue you or do anything about it if you want the car back. Make sure you have the registration and the plates are current. 

• P

"Legal action" is a waste of time and money, since you already legally own it.  The courts can't offer you much.  You must find it first and drive it away or arrange to tow it away.  Easiest way is to do this where she works or lives.

Make sure you bring a copy of your finance statement and any other documents you have on it.  

Of course you call her and "ask for it back" If she becomes a biitch, YOU SHOW HER WHAT A REAL BIITCH IS & COME DOWN HARD ON HER.

Insurance is AWARE of the child use of the car, so no problem there.  But she is registered as the "Occasional driver", not the principle driver. The car BELONGS TO YOU...the insurance is made out to you., with an underling.  

CALL THE COPS. 

"someone stole my car"leaving out that it was the daughter.  She wants to disown you...you disown her.  Maybe some time in the can will set her head right. Otherwise she wants to be on her own LET HER HIRE HER OWN LAWYER AND PAY FOR IT TOO.  He knows he will lose because you got the paperwork that says the car is yours. Giving someone the key does not give them the right to own anything.(otherwise giving the daughter the key to you house means she owns the house. SAME IDEA.

The Clown Idea is GOOD too.

I don't think the police can help you because you knowingly permitted her to use the car.  And unless you have something in writing, the fact that she's moved is irrelevant.  If she won't return it then you'll have to hire a repo man.

All you can do is tell her that she needs to give you the car or you’ll have the cops take care of it. 

• Anton

"Hi sweetie -- I need my car back.  You can bring it back to me, or I can go get the car myself and write you off my will."

• lj1

Call her and tell her you need the car back. If she refuses, you could either

A) Politely remind her that it's your car, and she has no legal right to keep it

or

B) Do something along these lines:

https://youtu.be/Jeq4E6o3LPQ

Youtube thumbnail

• Scott

Contact your daughter and arrange for her to return it to you. If she refuses, then call the police and report it.