Anonymous

Mouth/face pain? Don’t know what to do?

I have a bad tooth on the bottom right of my mouth that I needed a root canal on. I couldn’t afford the co-pay so I had to postpone and the tooth ended up chipping more than it already had so it’s been kinda irritated and causing a slight pain but In the last couple of days the pain has been getting worse. This morning the right underside of my chin/jaw/neck started swelling and was sore to the touch but through out the day it’s gotten increasingly worse. I can’t open or close my mouth all the way, I can’t tilt my head the slightest bit forward without it throbbing, and there’s a slight pain when I swallow. I’ve never really had teeth issues so I don’t know what to do. I’m temporarily disabled because of a bad car accident last July, it’s been so hard to find work and my insurance is all out of wack because of all the COVID stuff and I just can’t afford anymore medical bills. I just feel so stuck and completely helpless and I don’t think I can handle anymore pain.

I haven’t been able to sleep in over 24 hours; haven’t been able to eat since around 10 am. I’m a complete mess. Consistently feeling like I don’t wanna die but I just can’t afford to live without my entire body just ******* hurting 24/7. 

• Lili

Get to an ER. They have to treat you whether you can pay or not, and you are dealing with a legitimate medical emergency. They will have an oral surgeon on staff.

go to doctor for consultation

• Edna

You are going to HAVE to scrape up the money for your co-pay, and either have a root canal or have the tooth removed. From the way your describe your symptoms, the entire area around your tooth is abscessed and infected, and the infection has spread into your jaw bone. 

If you don't have it taken care of, it can become septic and spread throughout your entire body and affect  your internal organs. Sepsis can kill you very fast. . 

Home Remedies for Toothache

Saltwater Rinse. Until you can get to the dentist, one of the best things you can do is swish warm, salty water around in your mouth. ...

OTC Pain Relievers. Dentists suggest acetaminophen for children. ...

Cold Compress. If your face is swollen, put an ice pack on your cheek.

Use google to search for dentists. Call all the dentists in your area until you can find one who can squeeze you into their schedule.. Tell them it is an emergency and need to have a tooth removed immediately. Having a tooth removed is much cheaper than a root canal. If you can't find a dentist, then go to the emergency room. Don't worry about the bill. Emergency rooms are required to help you even if you don't have money.You can negotiate a payment plan (pay by installment)

Source(s): .

This is now a medical emergency. Get someone to take you to the ER if you can't find an emergency dentist or doctor.   You need the correct antibiotics for the abscess, it may require draining, and may have to lose the tooth. If you don't get this treated asap you could end up with bacteria spreading further around your bloodstream and potentially causing life-threatening problems including sepsis.

• Tavy

You have an abscess which needs antibiotics. You could try your local hospital.

Looking dentist is better way