Max

Why are my feelings for this girl resurfacing all of a sudden?

Their was a girl from high school that I had a crush on Freshman and Sophmore year but she didn’t even notice me and I would never be dumb enough to try and go for her. Junior and Senior year; she was cordial and polite to me but nothing else. Then I see her in college and she seemed friendly and then I saw her at my graduation. Now 3 years later, with zero contact; I started thinking about her. My repressed feelings have resurfaced and I’ve been thinking about her a lot for the last week or so. Why is this happening? How can I banish her from my mind?

Favorite Answer

When you have no one in your life, yout hink about the past. If you had a new lover, you would not even think of her

our bodies and minds are funny things. I've had repressed feelings for a man surface after a therapy session where there was muscle-stored memory techniques used. I didn't even know I had feelings for this guy and they were so strong. I hadn't seen him in 18 years or so and rarely thought of him. I believe now that I was scared of settling down young and limiting my options so I wouldn't admit to myself that I had love for him.

Anyhow, maybe something similar was triggered in you. My suggestion is to work through the feelings, acknowledge them, but also realize that there are millions of other people in the world you would like enough to have a relationship with and be open to meeting them. Before you know it, you will come across other women you find amazing as well