Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysChristmas · 2 months ago

Would I be wrong to leave my estranged sister out of my Christmas Card list this year since I dislike her?

I would include all other family members I know including ones not that close.

Favorite Answer

Christmas cards in June?! Obviously it's entirely up to you to whom you send cards, but it would seem a little churlish to ignore her at Christmas. If you are "estranged" (for ever?), would she even notice whether or not she sent you a card? 

No, not if you don't like her and you don't want too

Leave her out. Life too short to pretend to like people.

Whoa buddy, it’s June. You don’t even know what your relationship with your sister will be like in six months. Just go by what you feel like doing then. And don’t worry, it’s not ethically wrong to not send a christmas card, but then again at the same time you grew up with her right? You can dislike a family member, but you can never break a family bond. So it’s up to you to decide in december.

• A

if you are estranged I would assume you have zero contact, but if you want to try and mend fences, by all means send her one