I'm a host at a restaurant and a manager started texting/calling me. Nothing has happened beyond that. Will i loose my job?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Bort
    Lv 6
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

As with any job I've had (not many, all long term: 20 years here, 15 there, 10 at another so far and counting) whether I was management or not I do not give out my personal cell phone number. If the company wants me to be available by cell phone they provide me with a phone and pay for it's service or I'll use one of the free texting apps and give them the alternate number from the app, not my personal number. If I'm not at work and don't want to be available I'm not available. The job I worked the longest I was a highly respected and depended upon when things went wrong or people had questions. It depended who called whether I answered or not (even when I had a company provided phone). I'm off work when I'm not at work therefore I am not available. That is my free time. 

Boss or not they do not get my real number. We should keep our professional and personal life separate whether you're a cashier or the CEO to a multi-billion-dollar company. I suggest being very extremely careful how you answer their contact. Be professional and only answer yes or no or be very short and sweet. Don't answer anything they ask that you think might be incriminating to either you or any of your co-workers - don't be the leak, or the snitch. These days you can't trust what a persons true intentions are. In all cases a person that wants contact with you in this day in age is either attracted to you in some way (including just friends) or wants to take advantage of you. Keep your work relations separate from your personal relations. You don't need to be the best of friends with your co-workers, including your bosses. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Very few people ever loose their jobs.  If spelling matters, you're FIRED.

• 2 months ago

Your manager probably needed you to come cover a shift. So if you ignore the phone then you don't have to work if thats your wishes. 

• 2 months ago

No, but he could..

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • martin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Why be pessimistic.  See what the manager wants.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

If you don't answer yes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.