I'm a host at a restaurant and a manager started texting/calling me. Nothing has happened beyond that. Will i loose my job?

• Bort
    Favorite Answer

As with any job I've had (not many, all long term: 20 years here, 15 there, 10 at another so far and counting) whether I was management or not I do not give out my personal cell phone number. If the company wants me to be available by cell phone they provide me with a phone and pay for it's service or I'll use one of the free texting apps and give them the alternate number from the app, not my personal number. If I'm not at work and don't want to be available I'm not available. The job I worked the longest I was a highly respected and depended upon when things went wrong or people had questions. It depended who called whether I answered or not (even when I had a company provided phone). I'm off work when I'm not at work therefore I am not available. That is my free time. 

Boss or not they do not get my real number. We should keep our professional and personal life separate whether you're a cashier or the CEO to a multi-billion-dollar company. I suggest being very extremely careful how you answer their contact. Be professional and only answer yes or no or be very short and sweet. Don't answer anything they ask that you think might be incriminating to either you or any of your co-workers - don't be the leak, or the snitch. These days you can't trust what a persons true intentions are. In all cases a person that wants contact with you in this day in age is either attracted to you in some way (including just friends) or wants to take advantage of you. Keep your work relations separate from your personal relations. You don't need to be the best of friends with your co-workers, including your bosses. 

Very few people ever loose their jobs.  If spelling matters, you're FIRED.

Your manager probably needed you to come cover a shift. So if you ignore the phone then you don't have to work if thats your wishes. 

No, but he could..

• martin

Why be pessimistic.  See what the manager wants.

If you don't answer yes.