Indulge me a little if you will. What was a song you heard and enjoyed and thought of someone who's taste you know well who would like it?

As much (or as little) detail as you like.

Favorite Answer

Any song from AC/DC tour with Axle Rose reminds me of my friend who died young 16 years ago. He was a great fan of both AC/DC and especially GnR, and I think "if he were here to hear this"

My best friend Wendy and I are always sharing music.

She sends me the suggestion A LITTLE BIT OFF by Five Finger Death Punch.

And I'm like, if you like that song by them - you have got check out FAR FROM HOME by FFDP.

I mean, come on, one of the BEST opening verses in a song:

"Another day in this carnival of souls;

Another nights settles in - as quickly as it goes.

The memories are shadows - ink on the page..."

Well in and out of the R&P category.

I Talk to the Wind -  Crimson Jazz Trio.

Me and a hippie friend obviously loved King Crimson but in the last 5 years I have really turned her on to Jazz. This rendition was exquisitely done.

Ian Wallace may have not been with King Crimson when this first album In the Court of the Crimson King was created that included this song, (he joined in 71) but he certainly managed to capture and transcend it into a great jazz work. Ian along with Jody Nardone and Tim Landers created this trio in 2005 and put out two albums paying homage to his former groups compositions.

• vtd288

"(I'm Gonna Get Over This) Some Day" - Logan Ledger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwgZYyNT-h4

Youtube thumbnail

I played this for my brother who, like me, is a big fan of Roy Orbison and Johnny Cash. He hadn't heard it yet. He loved it. I posted another song of his, "I Don't Dream Anymore", as one of my heavily rotated songs of the week a while back.

Isis - “Wills Dissolve”

https://youtu.be/-HH0DYfyUtI

Youtube thumbnail

My best friend would love this. He’s eager on exploring post-metal, and he thought that Panopticon by Isis was an awesome album.