Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificOther - Asia Pacific · 5 months ago

would you like to go to Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos?

Favorite Answer

Yes, I have been to Cambodia. Laos and Vietnam during the Second Indochina (Vietnam) War while working as a TV news cameraman/War correspondent.

--I have been back to Laos twice following the end of the war, but not recently.

-- I have been to Vietnam several times, once to Hanoi and several times to Ho Chi Minh City since the end of the war and again, not recently.

--  I have been back to Cambodia over 13 times with several illegally when the Khmer Rouge were in control and many times since with the Vietnamese-backed CPP in control. The last was just over 20 years ago when I married my current wife.

--  Unfortunately, I am elderly, medically incapacitated and would not be able to travel.

• james

Did Cambodia & Thailand last year before returning to the Philippines.   I would have likes Vietnam this year before returning to the Philippines.  But with the virus can not even yet return to the Philippines.   But yes I do like being in Asia. 

Not until we are clear of this coronavirus.

Been to all three and all three are different if you go for long enough. 4 weeks is enough in Cambodia and Laos needs 6 weeks as the south is different from the north and it takes time to travel. Vietnam is more complex and needs 8 weeks.  

Yes, I would like to go to Vientiane before it gets too "touristy". I would also like to go to Saigon and see John McCain's helmet and boots in the war museum. He gets more respect there than in the US!

• Sathi

Absolutely. I have Vietnamese and Cambodian friends. They’d be great tour guides.

• hihi!

Been to Hanoi, lots more in Vietnam to see. As for the other two, definitely in my travel plans. 

• Nicey8

Yes, once the covid is over.

Why do you like communism?

been there already, and not keen on going back ..........................

Source(s): Retired Army SFC.