D you have a quirk that you enjoy associated with your love of music that you would like to share?

I have two.

1. For some strange reason, I quite like when music videos have an up close view of the singers face.

2. Also related to music videos is when an action happens at the start. For example a coin dropping into a juke box, or a record being started.

I know, right. Hit me up with yours.

Favorite Answer

I don't know that I'd say I enjoy it, but it's interesting (and hard to explain - so bear with me):

I have pitch perfect hearing/acute hearing (no, I cannot read, write or sing music) - but regardless of how well I know/don't know a band (even if I'm familiar with just one song) - I can usually indentify an artist either by their vocals or their music style/technique. I can do this, even if the song is live/altered version and I usually only need a few cords.

example: I don't know any other songs by the band who did the song LOWRIDER - don't even know their name (War?) - but heard a song in the gym and I'm like "That sounds like the band who sings LOWRIDER." And my friend was like "Don't think so." So we Shazamed it, and sure enough, same band. (poor example - but hopefully you get what I mean)

Also, music has something like 6 (4?) basic beats that ALL songs are built from. So sometimes, when I hear a song, I'll start singing a DIFFERENT song that I can recognize in a section of the other song because it's built from the same base beat.

Thing is, usually about 99% of the time, no one else can hear it because the tempo of that base beat has changed - therefore the base sound is unrecognizable to them, yet glaringly obvious to me.

The quirky thing is I hear it so clearly, and when I try to point it out, most people are like "They sound nothing alike."

And I'm like "Yes they do!"

I think it's a cool talent, definitely quirky, but can be annoying because it's like people think I'm making it up just because THEY can't hear it.

Am I making any sense? Lol!

I like to play air guitar, air bass, etc. to songs while I’m listening to them. Playing the air drums is a lot of fun! 

:) 

I'm answering your other Q here... The Quickshot - What is a song you enjoy that you would like to share? I tried to post the answer there, but even without the link, it would not post. So, indulge me if I post it here.

Prog Rock del Italia at its finest...

Semiramis - "La Bottega del Rigattiere" (Live) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Zk4shUNf0

Youtube thumbnail

- Rino Amato / piano, organ, synth, programming

- Maurizio Zarrillo / synth, backing vocals

- Vito Ardito / vocals, acoustic guitar

- Antonio Trapani / electric guitar

- Ivo Mileto / bass

- Paolo Faenza / drums, vibraphone, backing vocals

• Mike

I listen to chill music when reading.  It keeps the other side of brain occupied.

Wow when I read the questions in a hurry, I don't understand anything. Only now I realize the sense of your Q. Well, I've already said some of mine: I prefer listening to music on headphones rather than sharing, I find the diffusion is often cacophonic and dispersive. I prefer to listen in my usual and secluded places, I'm not a live concerts fan, especially in big places. I live dreaming of my future vinyl collection, which will be paradoxically extremely selected (compared to the amount of music I listen to). And of course I consider the albums artwork a very important thing (and therefore I love vinyl), I'm obsessed with record artwork.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZKVNJqpBPQ

Youtube thumbnail

..meanwhile, now I think of a face ..

__

Q1: Soap&Skin - Thanatos (video)

• Petter

Well, I guess a pretty face is never wrong. =) Other than that I haven't really thought of it, but I do have a knack for music videos that are kind of like a short film. This rather artsy french one is probaby my all time favourite, I have a feeling I might have shown you this before though...

Mylène Farmer - Sans Contrefaçon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d03wJOgoq1k

Youtube thumbnail

• Maggie

Hi Livin'.. I never really thought of it as a quirk, but I also like close ups of the singers face.. 

https://youtu.be/O2IuJPh6h_A

Youtube thumbnail