How to Transfer the Game into the External drive?

What do I need to do? Do I need some additional movements? Or I just have to cut-paste the folder with installed game from the C drive into the external removable (flash) drive and then activate it through the set file? Nothing else? Will it work?

Update:

The game is Saints Row the Third

8 Answers

Relevance
  • David
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Some simple games might work on an external drive mostly they won’t. Saints Row the Third Is a steam powered game so it probably won’t work on an external drive. Sorry.

• 2 weeks ago

I don't think it's a good idea.

• 4 weeks ago

whats the distro for the game? if it's steam you can't just point to one game on an external, you would have to set steam to install ALL games on the external, but be aware if you use an external drive, they are generally slower, and the game may run like crap.

• nilan
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Copy and paste or zip or RAR

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

some games will work. some need the registry in certain cases. but most games on my computer working just fine after copying from another computer/flash drive even if i didn't add the registry.

some games also needs to be start from the beginning, some can also use the previous savegames etc. it depends on the game itself.

okay my brain is overheating from explaining this thing so bye LOL.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No, it won't work. You'll need the install disc.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Cut and paste won't work. You will have to reinstall the game.

• Tasm
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Some games you can copy, others you need to install on the external drive. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.