Max
Max asked in Social SciencePsychology · 5 months ago

Why can’t I remember this event?

I have an extremely good memory. I remember stuff when I was a toddler and I was always good at memorizing facts. Yet, my mother just told me a story of when I was 10 and spent Christmas Eve at my great-grandmother’s house and we ordered calamari. I can’t even bring up an image in my mind of any of that stuff. It’s like it never happened. Yet it did. Talking with mom; I also can’t remember meeting our crazy neighbor at McDonalds after seeing Finding Nemo and seeing Mulan with my family friends. All these events occurred in my late childhood. Why can’t I remember? Was it never “recorded” in my brain or is it in their somewhere, deep in my mind? I have OCD, so these things bother me. 

• Aouar
    Favorite Answer

Maybe you were too young in that time?, Have a good sleep may help you to remember things,then tell us the next day.