Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelCruise Travel · 2 months ago

Should I turn down the offer for a free cruise?

Necessary disclaimer: I am aware this is a privileged dilemma to have, nevertheless I am still facing it. 

I am graduating next year and my grandfather has offered for me and my mother to join him and his new wife on a cruise. My dilemma is that the cruise sails out a day after finals end and gets back the day before graduation. If I go I will probably miss the last week myself and all of my college friends will have before we all fly home and go on our separate ways. 

I feel like it would be dumb not to accept his offer because I probably won't be able to do anything like it ever again, but at the same time although it sounds good right now I am concerned that when it gets time to go I am going to be sad I am missing the last week with people I might never see again. 

So, my question is, is it worth it to go on the cruise? 

Thanks in advance! 

It's a tough call.  You only get to graduate an d hang with your college buds once, you will have the rest of your life to go on a cruise.  On the other hand, cruises are a blast, and a free cruise is a free cruise.

Is there any chance they could push the cruise off for a week?  Generally, if you've booked this early, there's no charge for the change.  Granted, there can be differences in the actual price, depending on the dates.  

I suppose it does down to what your priority is, a week on a free cruise or a week with your friends.  The last week of school can get crazy.  So I'd recommend asking your grandparents if there's any chance of rescheduling.  If not, you just have to make the choice. Have fun, whichever way you choose to go.

Did you not learn to proof read? What "college" allows this level of English?