Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 4 months ago

Do I have depression (DOCTORS OPINIONS ONLY)?

I have been thinking about this for a really long while now and I know I should see a doctor but I don't want to worry my family, they also wouldn't believe, I am 15 and have already tried to commit suicide 7 times, with the first at around 7 years old, would I be diagnosed with depression?

If you have suicidal thoughts, it doesn't matter whether or not you're depressed. 

I'll give you some suicide prevention advice. I have lots of information about depression in my answers. Click and read.

It's very important to calm down. This will make you feel better and let you think clearly.

A very easy way to calm down is just to breathe slowly. A doctor recommends inhale to a count of 4, exhale to 6. You'll feel better in 5 min or less.

Also, simple distractions can be very good. This video has suggestions. It also has a very good hotline. No one will bother you if you call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yBXl81QPyY

Youtube thumbnail

&t=7s

Any one who attempts to commit suicide that many times has some form of mental illness, however, depression is not that simple and there are other forms of mental illness with overlaping symptoms, Mental diagnosis is often not easy to make and a simple glib, yeah you have depression, on here is not helpful.  You do really need to be seen and evaluated. I would not worry about worrying your family--they would want you health and certainly not dead. The sooner you get help, the faster you will heal

I think its a bit much to presume there are doctors on yahoo answers right now.