Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Conservatives: Thank you for paying attention to the issues and struggles for Black Americans. I want to make a request.?

Liberals and conservatives may never agree on many things. 

Can we put Americans first and look out for each other without the labels of Liberal/Conservative? Will you make more black friends and friends of other races, other POV to shape your opinions than relying on the news? The news is so divisive these days. It's poisoning Americans against each other. It's ruined and ruining our country. 

Will you expand the diversity of friends you have as a resource for you to understand your fellow Americans than rely on the media to divide us? Typically Liberals live in dense population and are forced to make these connections but Conservatives are usually more isolated in rural & suburban communities and are at a disadvantage to expand the diversity in their social groups. It hurts our country when we don't understand each other.

I'm not knocking or attacking Conservatives. I'm requesting, Will you make more of an effort to understand the other Americans that media outlets like, Fox News isolates you from? FOX, CNN, MsNBC are divisive and divides our country. Liberals too need to make an effort to know Conservatives. The only way for our country to heal is if our citizens can come together despite what media tells us. We can agree to disagree but we can understand each other's opinions through each other and not manipulative media.

This is serious. We need to stop the organizations manipulating our people, the American people by deciding we're not listening to this stuff. We need to understand each other to have empathy for each other. We can be above those who have manipulated us and divided us for so long.

Elitist liberal snob.  "If only you cared as much as I do things would be so much better."

I live in a rural area, I'm a liberal and there's more of us in suburban and rural areas than you realize. And believe me, you will never change a hard core conservatives mind. I have several good friends that are conservatives, we became friends before we were old enough to know about politics. All these years we have never discussed politics because we respect our friendships first and we know if we started on politics we'd get to arguing and our friendship would be over. It's the same with religion, those friends are very religious and I'm not religious at all, we never bring it up. And I disagree it's the media. What it is, is what people are taught when they are young. Very few people if any have changed from being a conservative or liberal to the other way when they became an adult. 

• Ron

why everything the left supports or wants is against America 

I'll consider doing as you say, but only if you stop posting anonymously. If you can't stand up for your own beliefs, then I can't take you seriously. 

• John W

That's an excellent plan. But first we need to vote out the most divisive president in at least 100 years, and the politicians in Congress who condone his behavior.

You can only fix Diverse empires by separating them into countries, largely along Racial lines.

• Harry Butts

You're welcome to leave.