Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 month ago

Is it weird to be 18 and cant drive still?

Im 18 and amost everyone I know who is my age in my school has a car and a lisence and got there permit right when they became old enough to take the test. I got my permit a year later then everyone else did and I still have never driven a car before and ill be 19 in a few months. Its that weird because I feel like im in the minority...

I want to take driving lessons this year but idk if I can because of virus.

Not at all. There's a lot of people who still can't drive. 

Despite what you might have heard, not everyone is wild about driving a car.  When I was asked by a girl to take her to the Jr. Sr. Prom at HS, my mom asked me, "And how are you going to take her to the prom?"  "I thought you'd drive us there and pick us up afterward."

Eeeeeeee...no.  Mom said, no way, you need to get your driver's license.  I was 16 yo and still hadn't gotten it.

My point, the only reason I got my driver's license when I turned 16 was because mom made me do it.

So, no, I don't think it's weird to not have a license at 18 yo.  But then some would say I was weird; so don't take my word for it.

No, I am 23 and can't drive hun.

I don't think its weird. I got my license at 21. Its a good thing actually. People under 20 are more likely to get into car accidents.

I've known some people who were 18 and didn't even have a permit yet. It's probably pretty common

No ................

It's unusual, but not necessarily in a bad way. I didn't get my license until my early 20s. I was afraid of driving for a long time and also didn't need to. 

• 🦋

i was 18 when i first drove 

Definitely not weird. Just because of people are driving doesn’t mean it’s weird. Everyone’s timeline is different. 

I was 27 before I got my driver's license. Oh, I could drive a car (and had) but not legally.

The thing is, I didn't need to have a car before then, for various reasons.