Will I have 2 graduations?

So I’m in a comunity college, I’m thinking of transferring out when I get my associates degree

So will I get a graduation ceremony in comunity college or im just gonna transfer out with no graduation

Favorite Answer

When you get your AS degree, the college that grants you that degree is the one you graduate from.  You can choose to walk in graduation, or have your degree mailed to you, but if you have satisfied the required amount of credit hours, you're a graduate of the program you were enrolled in.  

Attending another college after your community college graduation, has no effect on the fact that you have earned a degree from the community college.  It is not a transfer; a transfer is when you are attending classes, pre-degree, and enroll in another college to continue. 

You probably will want to graduate and get an associate degree diploma. Even if you decide NOT to walk commencement or go to a virtual commencement ceremony, you probably do need some kind of psychological closure. So do your family members and friends who supported you, if you are lucky enough to have them.

Yes, you will graduate twice.I didn't walk commencement for my 3rd bachelors degree. My father wasn't well enough to fly or drive over 600 miles and I had no desire to sit in the blazing Sun in a stadium for over an hour when there was an annular solar eclipse in Oklahoma City at the SAME time. The eclipse was a much more awesome commencement ceremony. My second bachelors commencement ceremony was a total anticlimax, but it was psychological closure. We were REQUIRED to walk commencement.

Depends if you have earned your Associates degree.  You can transfer without earning it,

Most community colleges do have a graduation ceremony. 

That's up to you.  You do not need to complete an AA or AS degree in order to transfer to a university.  If you do complete an AA or AS degree, you can attend the graduation/commencement ceremony or simply get your diploma sent to you -- that's your choice.  The same is true when you complete the requirements for your bachelor's degree at a university.  Attending the graduation ceremony is optional.  

That is totally upped to you 2 graduations would definately be fun

• Scott

That’s up to you whether you attend graduation at your community college.

• CarolOkla

Yes there are usually  graduations for each degree. I've graduated 4 TIMES. I.walked commencement in May for my master's degree even though I technically did not graduate until near the end of July. The graduate college does not have a summer commencement ceremony.