OogieBoogie asked in PetsFish · 1 month ago

What should I do with these fish?

Hello, this is going to sound bad and I assure you it is.

A year ago I got some goldfish to use as feeders, they are marketed as feeders. I fed a few to my turtles but then stopped, as I read theyre not a very healthy fish.

I will figure that out later on, and maybe raise ghost shrimp and other feeders like that but for now I need help

I have 3 left, and the original plan was for me to get a bigger tank, and just make them pets.

Then covid hit. I have nobody willing to drive me to petsmart, and my filter broke. It won’t even turn on now, I did dissect it.

Now I have 3 goldfish, with no filter, in a 20 gallon, with no access to second hand tanks.

What should I do?

Should I put them out of their misery and feed them to my turtles, or keep them in this 20 gallon?

My tank is an Eclipse tank. The built in filter is fried.

I don’t want to neglect them and I’m not pleased with this dilemma

• audrey

Could you order what you need on line?

• Just a filter. With that, a cheap filter probably won’t do well, but I can see. I could also try building a sump I’m just not overly confident.

Do you want to care for these three pathetic goldfish the rest of their meaningless lives or give your turtle a quick snack? The choice is easy.