Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 month ago

Is there a way to detect if my hosted Zoom meeting is privately recorded by any participant using any screen recorder without my permission?

The participant may use any third-party screen recording software such as Screenflick or Camtasia. Can I check that by using any tools or plugins?

There's no way of knowing since all you are getting from them is a video feed.

Zoom is already in the hot seat for security issues. If it were able to scan active processes for stuff like that, it would put it right into malware territory.

• sally1 month agoReport

How would it be put into malware territory by adding a security feature with the functionality the OP listed?

Nope.  They could just as easily have a video camera set up to record the monitor.  

Think of it the exact same as an in person conversation.  They can record you then without your knowledge as well.  I'm not sure why it would matter in the slightest unless you are doing or saying something you know you shouldn't be.

nope you have no way to detect this, unless you own the laptop.

• Saamir1 month agoReport

Are you sure about that?