what happens if my ID expires and I do not get a new one?

will I still be able to buy lotto and get into casinos. I'm 28 and still get aske for ID

An expired ID is not valid.

Assuming you're asking about Las Vegas casinos, you need a valid, current identification card.  They will not accept expired identification.

• D50

A lot of businesses will refuse to accept it as proof of age. Bizarre isn't it? One day that little card proves you're over twenty-one, the next day it no longer proves it. I think it mostly depends on the policy of the business where you're trying to use it. Government likes to put an expiration date on things like that to force you to pay a fee every so often.

• Bruce

. They put an expiration date on their for a reason, and they can refuse to accept it. 

They may accept it, they may not. They don't have to accept an expired ID.

Some places may let you in, some may not. And some are required by law to see a valid ID. I'd renew it to avoid embarrassment.

Technically an expired license is invalid but I feel since you are only using it for age verification most times it will be accepted.