Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

True/:false: your belief and your basic foundation of faith is between you and God, not you and a Church?

Favorite Answer

That is true. That is how it should be.

For a Christian Faith is the trust in God.

Faith is the key.

In our walk in life we walk in faith and God will be our sight,

for God will guide us. So it is between you and God.

1 Peter 1:21 “Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.”

2 Corinthians 5:7 “(For we walk by faith, not by sight:)”

Hebrews 11:1 “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”

Looking at just Who  is "pleased" by faith it is Hebrews 11:6.  Asked and answered.

semantics, imo. church is everyone as the body of Christ, but there is only one true church, there is only one baptism and one faith. all churches are "wrong"  thus saith the Lord. some gentiles had the spirit of god and some churches do have the truth in them. and even the true church membership have been under condemnation since its beginning. so really, no one is pure and undefiled church yet we can all be saved if we repent of our sins and turn away from our iniquities . as for God and faith and covenants, we have to live by every word of God, and what we do in the name of Jesus Christ, can be also a sin and transgression following leaders that lead men astray. the last i heard, only Enoch and Noah walked with God. while only the twelve apostles walked with the mortal Jesus, after 3 years they didn't even understand the scriptures.

The Christian faith not only requires belief in God, but belief in the one Church Jesus said He would establish (Matthew 16:13-18). The Bible says that Christ so loved the Church, He died for it. Ephesians 5:23-25 states that "Christ is the head of the Church, his body of which he is the Savior… Husbands, love your wives just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for it, to make it holy..."

The Church is a fellowship of believers, joined by the one Spirit to worship God and to minister to each other and those outside of the Church, by deeds of love and proclaiming the gospel publicly. This Church is not any one denomination, though. It is made up of all believers, at all times, who make the same confession of Jesus being the Christ, the Son of God, that Peter did in Mt. 16. Of course, ultimately we answer to God for our beliefs, our faith, and our activities. But prior to the Day of Judgement, we are accountable to the 'body of Christ, the Church'. No Christians should be an isolated Christian, avoiding the congregation of fellow believers.

• Williams1 month agoReport

"My brethren, be not many master, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation' (James 3:1).

"Woe unto the shepherds who lead My sheep astray" (Jer 23:1)!

I think that's bull, because of the way they were all screaming they needed to reopen worship houses last Sunday. 

• True, but my Church reinforces my faith and allows me to come together with others to worship God and a community.

• Bryce

"Biblical scholars see the Book of Genesis as mythological [fiction/fantasy/lies] and not as a historical account of events." (Wikipedia--Tower of Babel).

• Bryce

Your belief in God is a delusion.  Faith is the main tool of the con man/woman.

• You don't get it do you Bryce?  Don't worry, not everyone can cope with quantum mechanics.

You're splitting a hair because God's church is the very foundation God has set for me to build my faith upon, so I can't believe in God and not believe in his church or make it my faith's foundation.

"Thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

-Jesus Christ (Matthew 16:18) 

• magix151

Matt 16:17 "And Jesus answered and said unto him "Blessed atr thou Simon Barjona; for flesh and blood hath not revealed it untonthee, but my Father which art in Heaven". This was in answer to Peter declaring Jesus the christ.