Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Why do people get their phones out instead of taking action when someone is being murdered?

I wouldn`t have filmed the murder. I would have risked my life to save George.

• Zirp

I don't know where you live, but here in my neck of the woods we have the authorities on the radio and TV, telling us to do exactly that: when you see violence, get your phone and dial 112  (the USA uses 911)

• .

Why? Simple, because they have something available (in their pocket) to them that can do this. You would have risked your life to save George? Well that's credit to you.

• Jas B

What do you expect a person only armed with a phone to do against four police officers, or even one police officer, who in your opinion is behaving illegally, who are all carrying multiple weapons including guns?

There are multiple videos on line of protestors confronting looters and those committing criminal damage trying to stop them.  There is also one video of protestors surrounding a police officer who has been separated from his unit to protect him.  

Many people were shouting at that police officers telling them he was killing George Floyd, neither he or the other three police officers took any notice.  

• Jas B

I am glad you were not there because your family and friends might also be grieving for you today and no doubt your attempts to stop this would be being used by the racists and Trump as justification for continuing to restrain George Floyd after he was unconscious.  

Do you have an example. If you mean George Floyd when the people with the camera went close to the Police Officer he held up mace to them.

• Lv 5

Why yes comma yes I do...but I`m going to make you guess for the first place prize.