I never received my stimulus check even though I received a letter in the mail saying they sent it via direct deposit. What do I do now? ?

A couple days after the stimulus check was supposed to get direct deposited into my bank account, the Get My Payment feature on the IRS website said 'Need More Info" and asked for my A.G.I. and a couple other questions. Their was also a direct deposit option in which I had entered a different bank account number than what I had originally put when I filed for the stimulus check on April 26th, 2020. I used the non filers option and filed with freefileforms.com and after a couple weeks (probably around May 9th) it said my stimulus check was to get deposited on May 13th, 2020. It never got deposited though! Then I kept getting locked out of the IRS's "Get My Payment" feature for 24 hours for about another 10 days until luckily I decided to randomly put a "1" instead of a "0" for the A.G.I. and it finally worked! It now says that I will get a date for when the stimulus check will be direct deposited into my bank account. Also, 3 days ago (June 3rd, 2020) I got a letter from the president saying that the stimulus check was deposited on May 13th, 2020, with a payment of $1,200! Why would they send that letter if, for whatever reason, it never got deposited and the IRS asked me to enter more information when using the Get My Payment feature? So, I guess question is, will I still be getting my stimulus check even though it is past the deadline to enter direct deposit information and even though I changed my bank account info after not receiving it when it was originally scheduled??? 

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.