Why does everyone like Stranger Things?

I've watched the entire 1st season and I don't get why everyone likes it. all it is people in a small town going missing and like government conspiracy and for some reasons is set in the 80s even though the 80s setting really has nothing to do with the plot.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Kathy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not everyone likes that show.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

It's a good show.  I'm not saying it's GREAT or whatever, but it's good.  It evokes a horror vibe without being about jump scares or gore.  It's well acted.  The nostalgic 80s scene is attractive to those of us who grew up back then.  It mixes a couple different kinds of tropes together and while no aspect is truly original, it's a nice blend.

I think the 80s setting DOES have something to do with the plot.  They're setting it in the cold war.  I think that backdrop gives more credibility to the way the government behaves.  The experiments on Eleven are clearly evocative of real experiments the government actually attempted during the cold war.

Look, if it's not your bag, that's fine.  People don't all like the same things.  

• Pete
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Terrific answer!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.