How to get jar open?

I can't get a jar of coconut oil open and I don't know what to do.

Thanks for the answers.

• Olive
    Favorite Answer

Two ways can try 1. Bang bottle of jar with palm of hands a couple times or 2. Run lid under hot tap water for a minute

what i do is hit the rim of the lid on a had surface like the floor or a counter. then u hear a popping sound an it twists open easily

hands use your hands

The older I get, the harder glass jars are to open. I've resorted to using a small screwdriver to fit under the lip of the lid in the clear spaces. I turn the screwdriver a bit, the vacuum in the jar releases, and I can get to my pickles or jelly or whatever. Don't be too aggressie or you will break the rim of the glass.

You use your thumb and the heal of your hand to create a ring around the rim. It's not about the other four fingers cupping it the way most people do. Forgive the unfortunate metaphor but it's more like jacking off than washing a window.