Is it possible to not have a purpose in life?

I moved to NYC after college and I loved it and felt as close to my calling as I ever had however some things happened and everything unraveled. Nyc is just way too expensive of a place to live, so I am back in Texas and nothing just sparks me like it did in nyc. but also i dont know if I could ever go back since I failed so miserably the 1st time. Is it possible to not have a purpose in life? I've found part-time work at a craft store, but it's not enough to live the lifestlye I'd like to. lol I live with my mom and her 3rd husband. but yea is it possible im just a bit of a failure and toss in the towel and try to accept my craft-store life?

You picked the BIGGEST change in lifestyle by moving to NYC.  It is not for everyone; I live less than 2 hours from there, and have friends who NEVER GO - scared to drive, take a train, walk around - geez . . . they are missing out on a lot!    If you like city life - how about Austin, or another city in Texas that suits you?  If you are working PT in a crafts store, it sounds like you do not have the EDUCATION in something that pays better - or have been whiny/lazy about getting it.  Take at least a few classes at a local community college, and choose something that you can DO, not something *out there* that appeals to you.  Computer science, bookkeeping, medical billing - anything that is in demand and will make you your own money - and BENEFITS would be great.  I am a career professional classical musician, but I know where I am in the Food Chain, and how old I am - so you do not see me auditioning to the NY Philharmonic - I do what I am really good at, live outside NYC, get in when I want/need to - and have a very happy life.  If you are working part time, spend some time improving yourself (that means education not tats . . ) and also try to volunteer helping people who NEED it - right in your own community.  Volunteering is never a *waste of time* as some will say - it improves and motivates you as a person.  Be nice to yourself, and also be SERIOUS with yourself, and strict.  Make a plan - not a FANTASY - a plan that you can accomplish, no matter how long it takes.  Move one brick a day in the plan - you will build your dream house.  Good luck - CHEER UP - you are young, and have more going for you than you know, so take advantage of it!

Our purpose in life is to get to know and serve our Creator and Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, and to get prepared for eternity.  As far as a career goes, pray for God's will and direction in your life. Read the New Testament for more answers about life.  I suggest starting with the Gospel of John.  God has led me and blessed me a lot  since I asked Jesus into my life as Lord and Savior many years ago.  He is a faithful friend.  I recommend Him to you.  

Everyone has a purpose in their lives,, what you need is help finding clarity! Talk to someone :)