Write the formula of the function, where x is entered in radians ?

Attachment image

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Ray S
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The photo was a bit fuzzy. But, I think I copied it right.

—————————————————————————————

The graph of a sinusoidal function intersects its midline at (0,2) and then has a minimum point at (1,-6). Write the formula of the function where x is entered in radians.

y = A sin(b(x - c)) + D            ← The function intersects its midline at (0,2). So, D = 2.

y = A sin(b(x - c)) + 2            ← Now, the function has a minimum point at (1,-6. ).

                                                 So, the amplitude A is 8, i.e. 2 - (-6) = 8

y = 8 sin(b(x - c)) + 2             ← Now, sine graphs from the midline to a maximum or a                                                             minimum in one fourth of a period. So, ¼P falls

                                                 between points (0,2) and (1,-6) for a distance of 1

                                                 on the horizontal ... which makes 4 the length of the

                                                 period of our function. Therefore, since the length of

                                                 a period equals 2π/b, we have 4=2π/b so that b = π/2.

y = 8 sin( (π/2)(x -c) ) + 2         ← Now, since point (0,2) is the midpoint of the period

                                                 and the period has length 4, the period begins at x =  -2

                                                 instead of the usual 0 for the parent function y = sin x.

                                                 i.e our sine function is shifted 2 to the left so that c =  -2.

y = 8 sin( (π/2)(x -(-2)) ) + 2

y = 8 sin( (π/2)(x+2) ) + 2       ← ANSWER

See the graph

https://quickmath.com/webMathematica3/quickmath/gr...

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

the pic is far too blurry to see what the numbers are

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.