Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 month ago

How can an alternate computer profile be made to trick scammers when they call me and want to connect to my computer ?

If you're really planning on doing this then don't let them connect to your actual computer. Use a virtual machine such as VMWare and even then you probably want to run it on a separate computer entirely to be safe because it is technically possible for some malware to penetrate VMs.

I use a VPN modified router and service from a very good provider to mask my location from the world.  I suggest you try one.

I get phone calls from the scammers all the time, and play dumb bunny until they curse me and hang up.

That's not what they were asking. They want to let the scammers use the computer to mess with them but don't want their computer messed up. A correct answer would be to suggest using a virtual machine. 

I play dumb and try to stretch it out for several minutes until they figure out I'm using a Mac. I'm not letting them anywhere near the PC no matter how tight I think I could make the bubble. Period.

I get those scammers all the time that flash me the message your computer is infected call this number and let me fix it etcetera etc bull crap bull crap. And I' just ignore them I closed the ad out from my task manager and then run CC cleaner to get rid of the cookie and I go into the control panel and clear my Java catch and I restart the computer. It also pays to get a VPN that makes it just about impossible for a computer scamer to locate your IP address and keep badgering you if they can't locate your IP address they can't connect to your computer. Yeah I VPN cost about 60 bucks per year and it does slow down your computer a bit but it ruins hackers attempt to infect you they just can't Target you. And if somehow they lock on to your VPN IP address all you have to do is go into your VPN and choose one of the other thousand servers.

A VPN does not prevent hackers. A firewall does.  Hackers can still hack your computer even if you are using a VPN if you run their malicious program. Also it's CCleaner (one C)