Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

How to not get your kindness confused with weakness?

I have had this happen to me plenty of times, I have been taken advantage of and abused because of it. And sadly I have always had the mindset, or made the mistake of thinking: "If I'm just nicer to this person they will hopefully treat me better", and that has never worked.

I want to be kind and gracious, but not get crapped on for it. I want to be kind and gracious, but also be respected.

How does one achieve this? And how does one find the right balance between being kind and gracious, and being; for a lack of a better expression: "A son of a *****"?

I think we probably all need good advice growing up, about how to find good companions. Whether as friends or romantic, we need to choose people with good values. Too often it's superficial, about looks or similar taste in entertainment, for example. I have benefitted from the Bible's advice, to look for friends that have the same regard for God, and for other people ( 1Corinthians 15:33, Matthew 22:37-39). To learn more see JW.org.

Because you let it happen to you. If need be stop being the sucker you think you are. That'll fix em.