Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

Men, what is it like for society to tell you women can do anything, while also being told that your existence as a man is oppressive?

If women can "do anything" I'd like to know why I have to obey the speed limit, serve on juries when I'd rather not, pay taxes and adhere to all the same rules men have to. 

My middle finger is for "society".

I've never been told this in my nearly

30ys of living on this dreadful Earth but

if anyone did say that I'd laugh @ them 

my cuz :)

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

If I didn't have to get the kids up and bathed and dressed and fed and ready for school and then to school and then get back to clean the messy house before my wife gets home and yells at me for something not done or done or for that matter over whatever.  I guess complaining at my general manhood and how mad I make her. And how I am nothing but a lazy bum while she goes to work and pays all the bills.  What is it like for society to hop on her bandwagon too and make me feel pretty useless and unwanted?  Who has time for that?  I got to get dinner ready in amongst the homework.  And then later everyone to bed.  Perhaps then I will think about how oppressive we are.  

What are you today?  Male or female?  I tell them GFY

As a woman that makes no sense. How can women do anything they want when men are oppressive? If men are deemed oppressive women cannot do anything they want. The oppressed cannot do anything they want.

It's really annoying.

Imagine you have a female co-worker who was unrealiable and unqualified than you're stuck doing all the work while your female co-worker gets just sit around doing anything she wants.

Is that really what most men think?  When most women leave home and buy or rent their first home, working to support themselves and enjoy living independently away from their parents.  The last thing they are considering is that their choice is in anyway a form of oppression to men, who are most likely mirroring them in their choices too.

• Bill

That books focuses a lot on how men feel about how feminist society is treating them and how it is influencing their behavior. 

"Men, what is it like for society to tell you women can do anything, while also being told that your existence as a man is oppressive?"

Once you learn to tune out the garbage messages, then it's all fine.  For example, prominent feminists have expressed their disdain for men, right at the base of their ideology, just because they are men.  Once I heard enough of this, without any feminist challenge to these hateful ideas, I learned to tune out any feminist message, as not being worthy of entertaining at all.  Done!

Same with the Democrats.  They have consistently denigrated  White men for over a decade now.  Joe Biden himself is on the record with many, anti-White-male pronouncements.  I will  never vote Democrat again for this hateful and bigoted direction they have turned to, that spits on my personal character, just because of my immutable traits of race and sex.  This blatant racism and sexism is unforgivable and they will have to apologize and atone for this, to ever be considered as worthy of voting for. Doubtful that will happen.  And so they are out of contention forever in my books.

Most media and Hollywood have shown themselves to pander to feminist, anti-male ideas.  For that, they lose my support both as serous media  platforms, as well as through my pocketbook.  If you don't like me, then I don't like you.  Simple.

This is the way you deal with people and institutions that choose to make you their enemy.  You don't doubt yourself.  You point thier garbage right back at them as you stare them straight in the eye.

.

• Bill

You forgot about society telling men they serve no purpose in a woman's life, while at the same time insisting that men stay around and help raise the kid. lol

Edit: Lol at the thumbs down. 

• frozen1 month agoReport

@Bill I believe in true gender equality not that fake feminist equality, by the way feminism is not about equality cause feminism is a type of women's rights movement with extreme nonsensical views where only angry women can decide what they believe is equality in their own minds.