Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

2004 Honda accord-Engine surges slightly ?

2004 Honda accord-Engine surges slightly for about 10 seconds periodically when at stop light or going slowly.

After opening the hood during surge event , I noticed a blast of warm air asitsurges, the car is perfect other than that.

What could this surge be and could I fix it at home?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Dan
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Could be low on coolant, a sticking thermostat, a bad coolant sensor or a dirty throttle body and IAC valve.

That year of Accord also had a service bulletin for new software related to high idle when cold. Probably best to take it to a dealer for the software reflash and ask them to check the other things mentioned.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

All Honda motor get tight valves and they need adjusting every 60,000 miles.

• 1 month ago

Slow speed surging dirty IAC dirty EGR check everything battery alternator. Plugs get a scanner look for a misfire codes. Codes are not always accurate a bad alternator can give you fake ratings.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Replace the air filter.  Clean the idle air control valve.  Clean the throttle.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Dze
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

could be alot of things .. i'd say the most common thing related to symptoms like that are a weak battery, which loads the alternator more .. when fans, ac etc click on the car will react more to the extra strain on the alternator .. but .. it could be something else to :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.