Native English speakers: do you ever watch movies with subtitles even if the show is spoken in English? If yes, why?

• Paolo

I do if there's background noise or it's late at night and other people are trying to sleep 

I have experienced some hearing loss, and I often use subtitles because of that.

Sometimes because accents can be tricky, even for one who's traveled a lot like myself.

I don't CHOOSE them that way, but if that's how a movie happens to be, then yes, I watch it.

• sam

Sometimes people do that for parties and movie nights. So people who want to talk can talk and the people who want to focus on the movie can. 

Sometimes, the subtitles are hard coded, so, you cannot turn them off.  It is interesting to see how often they differ from what is actually being said!  That happens in other languages as well.

Occasionally, yes. Because often the soundtrack portion of a movie makes it difficult to hear all the dialogue. Also, sometimes there are very strong accents or slang usages that make it hard to understand clearly.

I think so a long time ago.