How long will processing take?

I just ordered something on my card and it immediately drew the money from my account but at the bottom of the transaction it says it's processing. How long will that take?

twenty-four hours

Source(s): www.CapitalOne.com

2-3 days usually. If it takes longer to fall that may fall off and they put a new one.

They only start processing your order for shipment when paid for. How long it takes to process, package, ship your order, and how long the delivery mechanism takes to deliver depends on what-all you ordered from where. Is everything in stock? Do they have people actually working at the facility? How far does your shipment need to come to get to you? Delivery systems - since everybody is ordering stuff online instead of going into stores these days - are heavily burdened these days. If you ordered something that goes out of stock in a hurry (remember toilet tissue, Kleenex, etc?), it could go out of stock in the moments between the time you list it on your order form & the time your credit card payment clears. I.e. within a very few minutes! 

IF your items are in stock & payment cleared, most companies try to get things to the shipper by the next business day. And tracking is typically updated within the next business day. And companies like FedEx are working around the clock, even delivering at 2 a.m. to try to keep up with volumes! Your order is one of thousands, even millions!, submitted today. Any reputable company & their employees are working their butts off to deal with all this.

• Scott

It could take an hour or it could take a few days.

Until they actually ship the item I would suspect. They are essentially "holding" your money in your account.