How long will processing take?

I just ordered something on my card and it immediately drew the money from my account but at the bottom of the transaction it says it's processing. How long will that take?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

twenty-four hours

Source(s): www.CapitalOne.com
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

2-3 days usually. If it takes longer to fall that may fall off and they put a new one.

• 1 month ago

They only start processing your order for shipment when paid for. How long it takes to process, package, ship your order, and how long the delivery mechanism takes to deliver depends on what-all you ordered from where. Is everything in stock? Do they have people actually working at the facility? How far does your shipment need to come to get to you? Delivery systems - since everybody is ordering stuff online instead of going into stores these days - are heavily burdened these days. If you ordered something that goes out of stock in a hurry (remember toilet tissue, Kleenex, etc?), it could go out of stock in the moments between the time you list it on your order form & the time your credit card payment clears. I.e. within a very few minutes! 

IF your items are in stock & payment cleared, most companies try to get things to the shipper by the next business day. And tracking is typically updated within the next business day. And companies like FedEx are working around the clock, even delivering at 2 a.m. to try to keep up with volumes! Your order is one of thousands, even millions!, submitted today. Any reputable company & their employees are working their butts off to deal with all this.

• Scott
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It could take an hour or it could take a few days.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Until they actually ship the item I would suspect. They are essentially "holding" your money in your account.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.