onthe45 asked in Social ScienceEconomics · 1 month ago

If you're poor or in one of the lower socio-economic classes in the US, how do you pay for healthcare?

you don't.  You assume the US cares if everyone gets healthcare.

• y

The poor get it for free, it is the lower middle class that are now uninsured. We stated at about 45 million of the lowest rung uninsured. The ACA dropped that number to about 35 mill, hurt over 200 mill, and shifted those who couldn't afford yet did not quilify to the lower middle class. Those just starting out, often with a little kid or two, just starting to build doing the right things in the right way and boom, screw you, you are not going to be able to climb the ladder, we are going to own you.

In a rural republican state, I don’t. I don’t get any healthcare. My state refuses to expand Medicaid to include people like me who don’t have kids. Right now in my state, people in my income bracket only qualify for Medicaid if they have one or two kids. For me to qualify, I’d have to make less than $300 per year.