Analyze this quote: "It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light"?

Favorite Answer

In three words, "mind over matter". Innovation and critical thinking can over come human crisis if you have what it takes.

• You answered a quote with a quote, but that's exactly what I was looking for and failing to put to words; thank you so much!

Adding on to what Chester said, I would mention that it is encouraging perseverance. When we are fighting despair and are in the trenches, so to speak, is the very time that we can't dismiss the main goal and promising future ahead, as being hyper-focused on the here and now can often result in being unable to see the optimism that the future holds, but if you give into the darkness, you are giving up on the potential that the future holds, which is why, in the dark times, you need to stay positive and not give in to the temporary uncomfortableness, as you may ultimately fail to ever reach the promising future! I hope this helps or gives an elaboration at all!

• But what if you embrace some false light? Like escaping into a comforting illusion (religion) rather than confronting the cruel reality?