Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 month ago

since English is the easiest language, should someone be ashamed they can't learn it?  ?

Would you be ashamed if you cannot learn it? Heck, i wish i can 10 different languages, that'd be so cool.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

English is definitely NOT the easiest language out there. I've spoken it most of my life yet 

still make mistakes here and there, mostly because I don't speak it with most in my family

or many of my friends. I'm aware of its importance in today's world though, online and off.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

English is a difficult language, with a large vocabulary and complicated grammar because it is a mixture of a number of languages. 

French, Spanish, Italian and german are easier and more consistent. 

• 1 month ago

First show us your evidence that "English is the easiest language to learn".

And please define "easiest"  - for whom, and in what circumstances?

It's true there are certain features in English that seem very easy to speakers of other European languages, particularly the way our verbs are conjugated with only ONE different ending (the 's' for he/she/it), while other European languages have up to six endings.But other, non-European, languages have NO conjugations at all.

No single language is going to be equally easy for ALL learners and it's really silly to imagine so.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

English is surely NOT the easiest language. 

You CAN learn it! 

Shame is up to YOU.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Zirp
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

English is not the easiest language. Out of the languages with more than a million users, Esperanto is.

English is teeming with irregularities, synonyms, homonyms, homophones, homographs and colloquialisms. It has spelling contests for *native*  speakers.

and no, there is no need to be ashamed. Not everybody has the luxury of good teachers, not everybody's brain is wired for English. I've met Dutch people who couldn't handle English or German but did get fluent in a couple of other languages.

10 languages is bit much if you don't have enough years  to learn them, but you can start with Esperanto, and if you tell us what your native language is we can tell you which ones you can learn the fastest

• 1 month ago

So then you're ashamed? I ask because your post is filled with incorrect grammar and usage. It must be very hard for you to live with such shame.

• Mr. White4 weeks agoReport

rude. those were typos that i cannot edit, i'm a native English speaker.

• Pontus
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There is no such thing as a language that is universally difficult or easy.  That depends on the languages the learner already knows.

All speakers learn their native language in roughly the same amount of time (barring impairments). 

English is not the easiest for everyone.  It isn't the hardest for everyone.  

The more different a language is, the more study hours are needed, and consequently the harder it is.

A German speaker, for example, would find English easier than Japanese, but a Spanish speaker would find Italian much easier than English. 

Source(s): studied linguistics; taught French; intermediate in three other foreign languages; native English speaker;
  • 1 month ago

The difficulty of learning a language will depend on your native language. For example, a native English speaker learning  Chinese will be extremely difficult because of how little similarities exist between those two languages. A native Japanese speaker however, will find learning Chinese much easier due to a portion of the Japanese writing system being based on traditional Chinese characters. Also, English is a really hard language to learn and understand, so you shouldn't feel ashamed if you can't learn it. Learning a new language can be extremely challenging, but with enough discipline anyone can do it. Go for it!

• 1 month ago

English is not an easy language to learn.  The entire premise of your question is wrong.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.