Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 month ago

What would you think of a guy who does all this to help a girl?

A good looking guy in his 20s who hardly speaks and just works all the time, doesn't show off, was in the resistance movement of his country and manage to flee from the POW camp, finds a girl from his country, shot and bleeding, no one cares about her and the doctor refuses to help. He takes out the bullet, she faints and he cries thinking she's dead. She is a girl in her late teens, scared and suffering, with long braids and an innocent face. When she wakes up he is relieved and he proceeds to take off the pieces of glass from her skin. Since there are some on her chest, she cries having to move her arms from her breasts so he can treat her wounds. He gives her some dry clothes and stays there with her, hoping she won't worsen. She has nightmares in her sleep and he wakes her up and comforts her. She still doesn't accept him as a friend cause he made her take off her bodice. When she has high fever he stands by her and gives her medicines. When she recovers, she understand he only did her good it's too late, cause he has to run away again. This time she refuses to let him go.

Marli would you help me writing the novel?

WHAT? I fell asleep

I would think what I always think, every time you post this nauseating rubbish, that he's a creepy and sentimental control freak.

And PS: what difference does it make whether a man who does all this is 'good looking' or not? It just makes your fantasy all the more obvious.

• Tina

Please do stop this.

Plenty of trolls have spammed their nonsense here over the years, and their obsessions have ranged from people being locked out of their homes naked to animals lording over castles to Marlon Brando's sexuality. But none has ever managed to come even remotely close to being as wholly pathetic as you are. Get help or don't, nobody cares. But either way, shut up and get lost. 

• Amber

I think this is the kind of book I wouldn't even bother to read...well, I'll never get the chance since you never seem to pass the fantasizing stage.

• Speed

I think you still have this ridiculous notion of what love is and that you can't separate caring from loving, which is just sad.

She was wearing a "bodice"? Wow.

• Marli

I was wondering if you had finally written your story. Have you at least got it beyond the day-dreaming stage?

I still think it is a fairy tale akin to Sleeping Beauty.  Nothing wrong with writing, reading and listening to folk and fairy tales, but they are not realistic.  The only thing Princess Diana and I have in common was reading Barbara Cartland's romances in our early teens. This story is like Barbara's.

Points to consider:

He "gives her dry clothes and stays there with her."

Where is "there"?

His extra clothes are not women's clothes but his own men's clothes. Why is he carrying a change of clothing? Is he a "casual labourer" or homeless person (In the Depression era, a hobo?) carrying his belongings from place to place and from job to job?

Where does an itinerant person get medicines? From a pharmacy, of course; but they must be over the counter medicines. If she has a high fever (and is delirious), she needs a doctor and if one comes, he will prescribe medicines the man can't afford.  

She will need nursing. He must spend money, so does he have a job, and does it pay enough for food, shelter and medicines?

What will the landlady / landlord of the room he rents do when it's discovered there is a woman in his room? They might not mind. A man renting a room in a slum might have a woman as long as he can pay his rent. Or they might mind very much, if they keep a "respectable house".

Does the girl in your current version have a home and family? Or does she rent a room and what will happen regarding her room when she has not paid for it?  How does she keep alive in the big city?

Why does the man not know the difference between a dead person and a breathing, unconscious person?

• Marli

I suppose the OP (What do the letters mean?) is my pet troll. Perhaps I should write the story because I've read so much of it.