When I stay over my friends apartment?

How do I know if she unplugged things

The stove or electrical appliances

What if I’m sleeping and there’s a fire will we here it in our sleep

Will it wake us up

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 days ago

Gurl same. I would just not sleep at all and watch the stove's every move make sure it's not starting a fire or summ. I cant believe your friend doesnt unplug EVERYTHING when yall go to sleep. Your friend for sure is NOT scared of freak accidents lemme tell you that. Tell her to watch A series of unfortunate events that will scare her straight. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • L
    Lv 4
    7 days ago

You stay there to sleep.  GROW UP and MOVE on.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I never unplug things.  I just turn them off.  That is what the switch is for. Does the same job. Turns lights on, and turns them off. Funny how that works.  You won't hear a darn thing.  I can sleep through THUNDERSTORMS AND NOT HEAR IT.  Unless the bolt of lightning comes into my living room, it is not close enough to be loud enough.  Some people sleep that hard.

Others can't stand the sound of a dripping tap. Others sleep beside waterfalls.  So plan to be burnt to a krispy critter.

Has not happened for a few hundred million people nightly.  You ain't special.

• 1 month ago

You sound either really young, ill informed or paranoid.

Some stoves are hard wired, others are run on gas. Refrigerators are electrical appliances that need to be plugged in at all times or the food will spoil.

Homes should be equipped with smoke or fire detectors,  which sound alarms to wake the sleeping.

• k1 month agoReport

I agree

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

You don't need to unplug everything before you go to bed, especially your stove. No, a fire won't necessarily wake you up--a lot of people die from smoke inhalation before they ever wake up when there's a house fire. But if the home's wiring is okay, your risk is very minimal.   I think you're being overly paranoid, but if you don't like the friend's behavior, why are you staying there? 

• patty
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

my mum did this and it was annoying to me

• 1 month ago

lol. People rarely unplug their appliances. You will NOT hear the fire. That is what smoke alarms are for. Buy her one for her birthday (!)

• k1 month agoReport

Lol

• 1 month ago

Just make sure the stove is in OFF mode, nothing left cooking on the stove. The fridge, washing machine, dish washer will not be a treat.

Lock the door and everything will be fine. Good night!

• 1 month ago

i would try not to be so paranoid about all this

• 1 month ago

Most people don't unplug their appliances every night.

Most people, or at least responsible ones, also have working smoke alarms that will alert you if a fire starts.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.