Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Why do so many people believe in god? ?

Why are so many people into god? I get it, I do, but why jesus? Why the Bible? Is that just because that’s what USA is conditioned to believe in? God is different in every culture. Why is it not more widely accepted or believed that there is just one being, not necessarily in the form of the son of jesus or as Buddha or whatever. What if god is all of them? What if god is the creator of all of those hypotheticals so that we believe in something? What if god is an entire society of aliens or beings in a dimension that we can’t see them but they can see us and control us? I always get the feeling that karma is very real and that individuals can manifest whatever they do or don’t want in life depending on how you feel in your core so I feel like even individually we have our own god or gods watching us. I feel like the government is controlled by them and like life on earth isn’t coincidence but as if it’s been given to us. Am I the only one who thinks like this? Thoughts?? 

Update:

*FATHER of Jesus, not son. Sorry I was on a roll there as I was typing lol 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

"Why do so many people believe in god? ?"  Tradition and our experiences with him, of course.

"Why are so many people into god?"  Mostly because they think he will save them in their sins.

"I get it, I do, but why jesus?"  Jesus is not God.  He claims only to be Jehovah incarnate, the creation and begotten son of God.

"Why the Bible? Is that just because that’s what USA is conditioned to believe in?"  Again, a large part of the answer is tradition, but every year millions learn for themselves that the Bible is still basically true, through their own experiences with God.

"God is different in every culture. Why is it not more widely accepted or believed that there is just one being, not necessarily in the form of the son of jesus or as Buddha or whatever. What if god is all of them? "  He's not.  We are all gods, or children of the Most High (our spirits).

"What if god is the creator of all of those hypotheticals so that we believe in something?"  God urges us to work with him to know him for ourselves, through our own experiences with him.

"What if god is an entire society of aliens or beings in a dimension that we can’t see them but they can see us and control us?"  He's not, but he does come from an older universe since he created this one.  He knows what we get up to even if he can't always see us directly.  There is only one God for this universe, but there are no singularities in nature.  There are other beings like God, watching over other universes.

"I always get the feeling that karma is very real and that individuals can manifest whatever they do or don’t want in life depending on how you feel in your core so I feel like even individually we have our own god or gods watching us. "   Karma is real, all right, and all accounts shall be settled.  There is no balance to carry forward into a new mortal life.  Many people worship many things, like money.  That doesn't make those things gods, only idols.

"I feel like the government is controlled by them and like life on earth isn’t coincidence but as if it’s been given to us. Am I the only one who thinks like this"  No, the government is controlled by powerful factions.  But you're right, life on earth is no accident nor coincidence.  Our spirits are literally the childrne of God, and the Bible endlessly teaches.  And no, you are not the only one who thinks like that.  Thank you for sharing.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

To answer your question it's because God is a real. The bible  has always spoke  about God  and his son Jesus Christ. People  have come to realize  that not only is real but that he created everything.  Please  take the time to read the bible so that you will be able to gain a relationship with Jehovah God. Knowing God better can add purpose and meaning to your life. (Acts 17:26-28) The closer you draw to God, the more he will love and help you. (James 4:8) Ultimately, having accurate knowledge of God can lead to unending life.​—John 17:3. How can you come to know God? Think of someone you know well, such as a close friend. How did that friendship develop? Likely you got to know that person’s name, personality, likes and dislikes, as well as what he or she has done and plans to do, and more. This is what drew you to that person​—you learned about him or her. He gives power to the tired one,” says the Bible, adding: “Those hoping in Jehovah will regain power.” (Isaiah 40:29, 31) God can supply “power beyond what is normal” to enable us to deal with or endure the hardships and trials of life. (2 Corinthians 4:7) Do you not feel drawn to a God who so lovingly uses his limitless power in our behalf? Please feel free to visit jw.org for more information regarding God.

• 1 month ago

Because GOD is the truth the whole truth nothing but the truth. That is why.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Here is the truth:  Death leads to immediate heaven or hell. The only way to have eternal life, the only way to be in heaven and avoid hell, is by believing in the Lord Jesus Christ for eternal life (John 6:47).  It is that simple and that easy.  It is too late to be saved after death.  Jesus is God and Jesus died on the cross and shed His blood to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead (1 Corinthians 15:3-4).  Nothing else pays for our sins, not works from us or anything else, and Jesus already paid for our sins with His death and blood.  You cannot add any works to getting into heaven (Romans 4:5).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Christianity is a minority religion. Waaaaaaay more people are NOT Christians.

Also don't forget that the vast majority of religions  do NOT believe the Christianity "trinity" god exists ...... they instead say the following non trinity gods exist, Thor, Allah, Brahma, Zeus, Yaweh, Vishnu etc etc ..... there's thousands of 'em.

• EddieJ
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

What if a refrigerator is actually made from the ball bearings of 10000 bicycles?  Would that make the asparagus spoil faster if you had mustard on the same shelf?  

I get it, I do, but why do so many people have refrigerators when they can't guarantee anyone success.  What if we use paint to keep our food cool?  We didn't always have refrigerators.  Should we go back to ice boxes?

• Silver
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Simple answer is that the USA was born from Protestants so it is the "original" religion, if you wanted to be American, the best way to fit in was to be Protestant, even starting from the Native Americans and continuing forward in time. That doesn't mean it is correct, simply that it's the base we started with, all the other religions were added with other immigrants.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

We have remarkable grasps of the obvious.

Romans 1:18-20 NLT — But God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, wicked people who suppress the truth by their wickedness. They know the truth about God because he has made it obvious to them. For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.

Romans 1:22 NLT — Claiming to be wise, they instead became utter fools.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.