Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Why are they like this?

I had a conversation with my uncle the other day. I was sad because I had to go through an abortion and he was like tell me why you’re sad and I said that I couldn’t share because it was personal. And by the expression on his face I could tell that he figured out that it was abortion.

So right away he tells his wife of course. How do I know? Because the next day she comes over and mentions abortion in front of me on purpose and then looks at me to see my reaction to see if that’s what it is. Like why would she wanna know or care about it? Does it make her feel better that I had to go through immense pain? 

I shouldn’t have ever said anything to my uncle (my moms brother). Why are they like that? Obviously I cannot trust them. 

maybe theyre just worried about you

That's my biggest pet peeve... If someone has a problem, don't rat them out to ANYONE. Don't even mention the subject in a casual conversation.

Hopefully you find someone you can chat with. An abortion is a hard thing to deal with. Try to find others out there that have been thru it. It should help to know that you're not the only one with the feelings that you are dealing with.

Maybe their intentions are good, but they're not handling it in the best way. If she wasn't critical of abortion, then she was probably trying to send you a message that you can talk to her if you want. What she should have done is gone up to you and said, "You know, we love you no matter what, so if there's anything you want to talk about, I'm here for you." Of course, it's also possible that she's being mean, but in that case she probably would have gone on a rant about how bad abortion is.