Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 4 months ago

Is this sad for someone working in a meat section in a grocery store?

If someone is working in a meat section but their meat manager is always making them clean the meat machines instead of staying behind the counter serving customers or meat wrapping is it sad they are just cleaning?

No, that's a job that needs to be done.

• kswck2

Not at all. Butcher is a very honorable profession, one that is dying fast. Even heads of companies were once 'go-fers' for someone else. Stick with it. Ask to learn-take an Interest in your job. A lousy attitude will just get you ignored. 

If you Learn about the meats you will deal with, how to recognize a good steak from a bad steak, that knowledge will last you your entire life and let you make good food choices in the future. 

I am a chef now. I Wish I had that opportunity 25 years ago. 

• CB

Even the CEOs of many companies started in the mail room. Prove your worth at the tasks everyone else shirks - volunteer for the tasks everyone else avoids and do a good job. Make sure your manager knows - you will be on the radar for better positions eventually. You are being tested to see if you are willing to work hard and not complain and be accurate in your work - better to run you out now than after you have pissed off customers with sloppy work.

No I don't find it “sad”. It has no effect on me at all.

I would expect that the manager of the section is in charge and can require workers to do any job that's needed and that they are employed to do.

That will likely pass when someone quits and they hire a new "new guy". Then you might look forward to counter duty.

Sad for who?  If that is their specific task, then that's what they belong doing. The task has to be performed by someone.

No it's not sad.   That's a slacker's delight.  Clearly you've never worked in customer service.