Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 1 month ago

Help. We had a bat in our house, see details, please help?

A bat was in our house a couple days ago. We think it came in through the attic where there was a lot of holes. I plugged up the holes and the bat is gone but people tells me that they go into houses to lay eggs and then fly out. Where would the eggs be? I looked all over and couldn't find none. 

Bats are mammals and give live birth, They are really cool animals and no call for panic.

You get one indoors and doesn't leave on its own after a day, you can call a local bat rescue person to deal with it. They often show you how to catch a bat and release it.

A woman the other side of town called me for a bat in her room. I looked and the bat had 2 babies and left with one, in and out through a gap in a screen.

We left the room quiet hoping mama would get her other pup, but by morning, no luck.

I rescued the baby and took it to a sanctuary for professional care.

Very rare for bats to have 2 pups much less abandon them.

You can get bat smart on the batworld dot org site.

Get to know them, hard not to love them.

www.batworld.org

Bat eggs are very hard to find. 

Bats are live-birth mammals. Are you sure it wasn't an anteater or a platypus?

• daniel g

Probably a sparrow.