Anonymous

Like my apartment but i feel like i want to move?

My husband and I live in a great apartment but I feel like I want to move, explore more, have different scenery before we get a house settle and have kids in our 30s. However, we are stuck where we are because my husband decided to renew our apartment for a two year lease (so it will be 3 years of us living here)

Any advice? I know its hard to move now because of the coronavirus and all and we live in NYC right now but still :/ I don’t think we can break a lease either or if we do we might have to pay more and stuff to get out of it.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

This is kind of strange.  You say your husband renewed your lease for 2 years, but this implies he did it on his own.  That's unheard of in a marriage!  And if he did talk to you, why did you agree?  That part is really odd.

Anyway, the only thing I can come up with is talk to your landlord about what  penalties you'd incur if you sublet it or even found someone to pick up the remaining 2 years.  You could offer to do initial screenings, get a few applications together, etc.  You'd also offer to pay him a fair sum for cleaning and any other expenses he incurs, plus something for the inconvenience.  But I doubt he'd want to do this.  There's nothing in it for him.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.