Anonymous

Like my apartment but i feel like i want to move?

My husband and I live in a great apartment but I feel like I want to move, explore more, have different scenery before we get a house settle and have kids in our 30s. However, we are stuck where we are because my husband decided to renew our apartment for a two year lease (so it will be 3 years of us living here)

Any advice? I know its hard to move now because of the coronavirus and all and we live in NYC right now but still :/ I don’t think we can break a lease either or if we do we might have to pay more and stuff to get out of it.

This is kind of strange.  You say your husband renewed your lease for 2 years, but this implies he did it on his own.  That's unheard of in a marriage!  And if he did talk to you, why did you agree?  That part is really odd.

Anyway, the only thing I can come up with is talk to your landlord about what  penalties you'd incur if you sublet it or even found someone to pick up the remaining 2 years.  You could offer to do initial screenings, get a few applications together, etc.  You'd also offer to pay him a fair sum for cleaning and any other expenses he incurs, plus something for the inconvenience.  But I doubt he'd want to do this.  There's nothing in it for him.