Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Someone's using my pictures as a fake Tinder profile. But using different name and details. What can I do?

Hello

Someone has created a fake Tinder profile with my pictures. They have used a different name, but they are sending sexual messages to women. Is this illegal? I have contacted tinder, I do have screenshots of the messages they were sending as one of the women informed me this was going on and sent me them. They aren't using my name at all and no personal details, only my pictures.

I am in australia

What can I do if I don't hear anything from tinder?

Try contacting the police on the non-urgent number and see what they suggest.  It’s quite serious as it’s someone impersonating you. 

• Kaylee

It’s probably honestly someone that you know but honestly I wouldn’t look far into it. It sucks but I would just feel flattered that I’m attractive enough to the point someone is using my pics and move on, maybe address to the people he is speaking to that that’s not the real person. 

😄 That's what y'all get for joining the social media circus.

...............