T/F: We need a vaccine ASAP OR WE WILL BE STUCK IN QUARANTINE LAMENTING THE MANY MISSED OPPORTUNITES TO END THE PANDEMIC ALL YEAR LONG?

I can not stress how desperate we are for a vaccine, because if we wait too long, or if someone messes up, we may miss the first of many opportunities to get a safe and effective vaccine that could end the pandemic.

I'm pinning my hopes on Oxford and Moderna and possibly Israel and Italy on getting us a vaccine this Summer, but GODDAMN IT WE CAN NOT ******* WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR OR WE MAY MISS A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY FOR IMMUNITY.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

yes lets hope the vaccine will be ready this fall.

• Kidddas
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Maybe a better state of mind is to stay focused on maintaining good hygiene practices. Prayer or meditation to calm your mind and eating healthy. Talk to your friends and family for positive support and to support them. All you can really depend on is yourself. Be good to yourself and don’t be so quick to put your faith in mankind.

• 1 month ago

Yeah, get on that instead of screaming about it in Yahoo Answers of all places

• 1 month ago

Well, I hope you're not counting on that, bcuz there's no way in hell it will happen. It normally takes years to develop a vaccine and even with the process speeded up, it cannot possibly be produced before next spring. Even if they got an effective vaccine tomorrow, it would need many months of testing. And even if they shortened the testing phase, there's no way they could make millions of doses available & get it distributed. The realistic timeline that most epidemiologists are predicting for a vaccine is 12-18 months. So this year is a total loss-- ain't gonna happen. Maybe next summer... And that's a big "maybe."

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.