Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

Should I take a year off of school to try and get in again?

I didn't get into the schools that I wanted this year and I'm stuck with going to this one that I don't want to go to. Should I take a year off to try again? If I do take a year off, I'd be redoing chemistry online because I did poorly on it. As for the rest of my marks, they will be higher than they were when I applied this year because it'll show my final marks from second semester which I've been doing a lot better on since it's online classes now.

Also, I've been waitlisted for a couple of schools so if I hear back from them in the summer then I won't be repeating a year. 

It's worth contacting the admissions office at the schools where you were waitlisted to let them know that you are still interested in their schools. It's possible that some of the students they accepted will take a year off (rather than start college online), so the colleges may accept more students off their waitlists this year. Otherwise, take a year off and retake the chemistry class if a better grade will replace your previous grade.

Yes, you should.ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ