Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 months ago

What would you do if your 18 year old daughter didn’t want to try to find a job?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

The "daughter" bit is irrelevant.  The problem is that many jobs nowadays are useless busywork which need to cease to exist, so I would support her but point out that we need UBI.  As it happens, in real life she's on maternity leave right now and she's 26.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

When the daughter of 18 years does not have the desire to get a job, the daughter should be given married to a suitable person. Every girl does not have the aptitude to work. 

• 2 months ago

is she going to school?? is she proactive with responsibilities? cause kicking them out doesn't solve anything. kicking out your son/daughter will only make things worse. that is why there are so many young homeless kids living in the streets, under freeways, parks, parking lots etc.. if she just doesn't want to do either, then maybe there's is something emotionally going on with her and needs some sort of help, maybe see a therapist. if nothing seems to work. then, not bringing home anything that she requests or wants might want to make her feel the need to get a job so she can at least purchase the little things she wants.

• 2 months ago

Buy her a lawnmower and don't let her back in until every blade of grass in the neighborhood is nice and trim

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Tell her she can go to school, get a job, or join the military. She's got one year then out.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I'd tell her if she's not in education and not working she no longer has a place to live in my home. 

• Stalin
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Let her enter the college first and then think about job. Motivate them continuosly.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I'm assuming your 18 year-old daughter lives with you. So the answer is push her to look for work, and tell her she has to think about how she'll support herself when she's out of your house.  Remind her that sitting at home gets old, and a job can give her a sense of accomplishment.  Give her a deadline to find work, say two or three months from now.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Tell her straight out--a job or get out. Period.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Show her the door if she's not doing something else acceptable like in school.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.