Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 2 months ago

Were the good old days really good?

• Daro
    Favorite Answer

Compared to the socialist police state we live in today?

Dammm Straight.

Used to go out and buy a car $50 , maybe $100 for a good one,fill it with gas for 3- 4 bucks and hit the road.

Now you have to finance the same transport for 7-10 years just to get around.

Used to sign your name at a gun shop (swear you are not a crook) and buy a gun (Federal gov. had nothing to do with it, like it says in the constitution). Now you have the FBI lying thru their teeth, denying many Americans their rights, every day , while Obama has government transporting arms to drug cartels so they can murder border patrol officers.

The good old days were not as complicated as they are today. Prior to September 11th, 2001, the world was a different place. I think we will also find that life will change post Covid-19. Things are forever changing and not all changes are good changes.

Changes used to be gradual changes. These days, with the ever present advancement in technology, everything is changing rapidly and faster than ever before. Soon enough, we will  be a cashless society and that is going to be a huge problem for those who are used to paying in and receiving cash.

I was born in 1959. My generation has seen more changes in less time than any generation in history. 

I was raised when rules were not as strict as they are today. I never thought I would see the day when Bank of America would take your fingerprint to cash a check from their own customer''s account if you did not have an account and then charge you $7.00 or is it $8.00!  I never imagined I would have to take my shoes off and be body scanned to get on an airplane. 

The world is changing and I suppose we all just have to adapt because we really have no other choice unless we want to go off the grid and live in isolation up in the mountains by a fresh water stream...that has not been polluted!

The “good old days” are a fantasy. It's better for everyone if we live in the real present. We were a lot younger and it was soo much easier to keep your life sorted and we embraced life.

in the good old days, people could disagree with fun, and respect, without being labeled a bigot.

• kswck2

Well the good old days didn't have cell phones, computers, video games and the Internet. And you never heard about all the crazy people you now find on those inventions. 

That depends on what you call the "good old days". The early 30s were not that great, nor was WWII. I liked the late 50s and (especially) the swingin' 60s. It was slowly downhill from there, aside from a few peaks when I got interesting projects and could travel on someone else's dime.

1955 in london was great Plenty of Jobs Few Muslims no Muslim Grooming gangs no Muslim Paedfofiles

yes the Olden days were Much better for our children

• emily5

Yes, Because in good old days people like play outside much more and now days more people is inside the building using computer, video games, or somethings else.

Have a good day and take care. Good luck and good bye. Thank you for your time. 

Source(s): What I know.

no. people just favorably perceive their youthful times...nostalgia etc.its quite scientific

to old days was pre-puberty - and no not good.  very dull